Vancouver Island Masonic History Project
As part of our Vancouver Island Masonic History Project we are gradually adding pages on some deceased Vancouver Island Freemasons who played significant roles in Vancouver Island history.
Please note that we will be adding many more names to this list over time.
- BEAVEN, Robert (1835-1920) – Mayor of Victoria, Premier of B.C.
- BUTCHART, Robert Pym –
- CROW BAKER, Edgar (1845-1920) – financier
- DALBY, William (1839-1916) – Mayor of Victoria
- de Cosmos, Amor (1825-1897) – founder of the Daily Colonist, Member of Parliament, M.L.A.
- DUNCAN, Kenneth Forrest (1881-1952) – first Mayor of Duncan, instrumental in creating the City of Duncan.
- FLUMERFELT, Alfred Cornelius – financier
- HARRISON, Eli – Judge
- HAYWARD, Charles (1839-1919) – Mayor of Victoria. See 1003 Vancouver Street.
- HUMBIRD, John Alexander – lumber mill owner, Chemainus, B.C.
- KER, David Russell – owner of Brackman-Ker Milling Company. See 1407 Government Street, 1420 Broad Street, 512 Fort Street, 1050-1058 Pandora Avenue.
- LEISER, Simon (1851-1917) – prominent in Victoria business. See 524 Yates Street, 1005 St. Charles Street, Royal Theatre.
- LEISER, Max (1862-1935) – prominent in Victoria business as part owner of Pither & Leiser. See 535 Yates Street, 1019 Wharf Street, 1320-1324 Blanshard Street.
- McPHERSON, Thomas Shanks (1873-1962) –
- MILNE, Alexander Roland (died 1904) – see Milne Building, 546-548 Johnson Street
- SHULTZ, Samuel Davies – Judge
- TEAGUE, John (1833-1902) – Architect, Mayor of Victoria
- WHITTOME, James Henry (1871-1936) –
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?