Duncan resident Larry Kier has kindly provided Temple Lodge No. 33 with a copy of this photo from his personal collection. The photo shows the Duncan baseball team in 1905.
This photo shows the following members of Temple Lodge No. 33:
- Andrew Peterson – founding partner in Cowichan Merchants with Thomas Pitt and William P. Jaynes.
- Kenneth F. Duncan – first Mayor of Duncan in 1912
- Ormond T. Smythe – Mayor of Duncan 1914-1916, 1923
It also shows two sons of Temple Lodge No. 33 members:
- David Alexander (his father David Alexander was a member of Temple Lodge). He was killed in action in the First World War.
- Jess Gidley (his father William Gidley was a Charter Member of Temple Lodge No. 33 in 1899. His brother Stanley Gidley was also a member of Temple Lodge No. 33)
Here are some later photos of the Duncan baseball team of 1905:
Here are some buildings associated with members of the 1905 Duncan baseball team:
Here is a photo of David Alexander Sr. planting the Confederation Tree which still stands at Government Street and Jubilee Street. Alexander Street and Alexander Elementary School are named for David Alexander.
Here is the Confederation Tree today:
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything in this post?