Following his death in 1920, Temple Lodge, No.33 conducted his funeral and interment in St. Peter’s Quamichan Anglican cemetery.
Duncan resident Keith Price recently provided us with a photo of Percy Franklin Jaynes, circa 1900, taken near the site of the current E&N Railway Station (now the Cowichan Valley Museum) on Canada Avenue in downtown Duncan. Keith Price also provided us with photos of Temple Lodge, No.33 members Francis Henry Price (1866-1943) and Ernest Alfred Price (1868-1920).
Percy Franklin Jaynes was related to pioneer Duncan merchant William Penn Jaynes, who formed a partnership in 1910 with Temple Lodge, No.33 members Andrew Hans Peterson and Thomas Pitt which became the Cowichan Merchants Ltd. This partnership built the Cowichan Merchants Building in downtown Duncan.
In the 1890’s Percy Franklin Jaynes was involved in a business partnership with Temple Lodge No.33 member Francis Henry Price in the Riverside Hotel in Lake Cowichan. Frank Price‘s brother Ernest Price (also a member of Temple Lodge, No.33) later purchased Percy Jaynes‘ interest in the Riverside Hotel. Francis Henry Price also owned the Quamichan Hotel (now demolished, but see the photo above; it’s the building in the background) which is the building in background of the photo above.
We do not currently have any more information on Percy Franklin Jaynes but we will do some research and post what we find.