161 Kenneth Street has been used as a restaurant for many years but in the 1930’s and 1940’s it was the business premises of Claude Green, who used it for his paint contracting business.
The photo below shows Claude Green in fron of 161 Kenneth Street circa 1946. The sign visible on the side of the building in this photo is still evident on the side of the building today, see photo below.
The sign visible on the side of the building in the photo above is still evident on the side of the building today, see photo below.
In 1950, Claude Green moved the existing building at 161 Kenneth Street from the front of the lot adjoining the street to a new location at the middle of the lot. He then built a two storey apartment building at the north end of the lot which, in turn, was connected to the existing structure.
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?